What *are* those things called?

You know, the wee wooden toys, usually of a four-legged animal, that are strung together, and temporarily collapse when you press in the wooden base?
Anyhoo, I saw this advert from a design agency, apparently it’s for easy to assemble furniture, but I wish it was real: I’d definitely need one of them!

Author: Jennie

Law, libraries, books, crafts, and general geekery.

2 thoughts on “What *are* those things called?”

  1. You may need to sit down before I reveal the answer to you.

    My extensive searches of toy stores across the UK and the US have revealed that they're called press toys or push-up toys.

    I hope that wasn't too much of a shock to the system.


  2. Ro – What?!?! I refuse to believe they don't have a far more exciting name than that. In fact, if they don't, I'm pretty sure we need to make one up…


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: